Our contact details
The type of personal information Bespoke + Local collects
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal information (for example, name, company name (if relevant), address, email address and phone number)
- Information about other people (for example, if you order a gift online and want it sent directly to the recipient, you will need to submit the recipient’s name, address and phone number)
- Usage data (for example, the URL you came from, IP address, time zone, cookie information, what pages on our website you view, search terms and how you interact with our website)
We do not store debit / credit card details. Card payments are handled by Stripe who are compliant with the latest privacy and GDPR regulations.
How Bespoke + Local gets the personal information and why we have it
The personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- Collected automatically when you visit our website
- Enquiry via email or contact form
- Placing an order via our website
- During the phone consultation to discuss your gifting requirements
All the information you submit is transferred using SSL which is the standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a web server and a browser. This ensures that all data passed between the web server and browsers and then with us remains private.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing your personal information are:
- Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting email@example.com
- We have a contractual obligation.
- We have a legal obligation.
- We have a legitimate interest.
Bespoke + Local uses the information that you have given us in order to:
- Complete an order
- Arrange shipping of you order
- Provide customer support
- Notify you of special offers that may be of interest to you, if you consent to receive optional newsletters
- Keep records for accounting and tax purposes as required by law
- Administer and perform analytics on the website, to evaluate and improve our service.
Bespoke + Local does not share personal information with any third parties not directly associated with the provision of orders.
We may disclose your personal data in cases where we are required by law to pass on information or if we believe action is necessary for fraud, cyber-crime or to protect the website, rights, personal safety of person/s.
We may also disclose aggregate, statistics about visitors to our website (customers and sales) in order to describe our services to prospective partners such as advertisers or sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
How Bespoke + Local stores your personal information
Your information is stored securely. Data will be kept for:
- Up to 7 years as required by HMRC for tax and accounts.
- For the time it takes to fulfil the contractual obligations resulting from an order.
- For the purposes of email marketing up until you exercise your right to withdraw your consent.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
- You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
For more information about cookies, visit allaboutcookies.org.
The Bespoke + Local website is not intended for individuals under the age of 18.
If you have agreed for us to do so, you will be sent a Bespoke + Local newsletter. To stop receiving these messages, you can contact email@example.com or click the unsubscribe link in the email.
How to complain
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office and our registration number is ZB531917.
You can complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113